Aubameyang has been a long-term target of Arsenal and Barcelona, with the two clubs reportedly interested in signing him this summer. The Gabonese striker is currently on international duty at the Africa Cup of Nations where he scored his 100th career goal to earn his country their first ever win over Egypt.
The “auba” is a transfer that would see Aubameyang to Barcelona. The move would be completed for around €100 million.
The January transfer window for 2022 is open (see when it shuts here), and there’s a lot of speculation about who’ll be heading where. Transfer Talk provides you the most up-to-date news on speculations, arrivals and departures, and, of course, completed transactions!
Vlahovic is being touted as a possible successor for Aubameyang.
According to The Daily Star, Arsenal want to sell Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to Barcelona before signing Fiorentina striker Dusan Vlahovic as a substitute.
The Gunners have inquired about moving Aubameyang to Spain, as the Catalan giants have a long-standing interest in the attacker.
The Blaugrana would have to shed players in order to bring in fresh big-name acquisitions due to their financial problems.
A loan transfer to Newcastle United is also being considered, since the Magpies would be able to cover the majority of Aubameyang’s £300,000-per-week salary.
However, it is thought that keeping the Gabonese international in the Premier League after Mikel Arteta stripped him of his club leadership would be an unwelcome distraction as the Gunners battle for a top-four finish.
Meanwhile, Arteta is looking for a natural target man to complement his creative midfielders, and Vlahovic seems to be the right match.
The fact that the Serbian international has scored 19 goals in 23 games for Fiorentina this season in all competitions will undoubtedly help.
Arsenal could benefit from the fact that the 21-year-present old’s deal with I Viola expires in the summer of 2023.
Many people are interested in Dusan Vlahovic. Getty Images/Franco Romano/NurPhoto
– Watch LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+ – Watch ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – If you don’t have ESPN, you’re out of luck. Get immediate access
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to AS, Real Madrid is ready to go all-in to recruit Kylian Mbappe of Paris Saint-Germain and Erling Haaland of Borussia Dortmund ahead of the 2022-23 season. The transactions are estimated to cost a total of €350 million, including the Norwegian’s €75 million release clause and payments to be paid to agent Mino Raiola. While signing a deal with PSG would certainly derail this strategy, they are sure that Mbappe wants to play for Real Madrid.
– According to Foot Mercato, Barcelona is becoming irritated with Ousmane Dembele as they try to persuade him to sign a contract extension before his current contract expires in the summer. Xavi Hernandez is alleged to have intervened because Dembele has taken too long to answer to the Blaugrana’s new offer, informing him that he would not play until he accepts the conditions.
– According to Diario Sport, Barcelona is keeping an eye on 15-year-old Palmeiras attacker Endrick. Despite his youth, he has sparked attention from teams all over the globe, with Manchester City, Liverpool, and Sevilla among those who have sent scouts to observe him.
– According to The Daily Star, West Ham United and Newcastle United are both interested in signing Manchester United midfielder Jesse Lingard. With Lingard’s contract expiring in the summer, the Magpies are prepared to pay £3 million to get him immediately. The Hammers also want to bring the England international back to London Stadium, where he spent the second part of last season on loan, but they don’t want to get into a financial fight with Newcastle after their recent takeover.
– Arsenal will press for the signing of Juventus midfielder Arthur, according to Fabrizio Romano, despite Massimiliano Allegri’s refusal to allow a loan move. There haven’t been any agreements reached yet, and Juventus hasn’t started negotiations with Chelsea about replacing the Brazilian with Ruben Loftus-Cheek.
– According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, Aleksei Miranchuk is close to joining Genoa, but only after Atalanta’s match against Internazionale. Due to the absence of Duvan Zapata, Gian Piero Gasperini wanted him available for the crucial encounter at the top of Serie A. After then, he will be allowed to get his medical examination after weeks of talks.
Watch This Video-
- aubameyang fifa 21